Much like the Pinterest infographic I recently posted, I have my doubts that it’s feasible to double your followers (without paying for them) anywhere in under five minutes. But there’s some really solid advice worth taking in this infographic from WhoIsHostingThis!
Here are five key take-ways:
- Optimize your bio! This is a pet peeve of mine because I frequently see small businesses with no Twitter bio. The bio can help you in two ways: It gives you the opportunity to list keywords that will help you be found in search as well as give those viewing your profile page a sense of you, which will improve your chances that they’ll follow you.
- Users with fewer than 1,000 tweets usually have fewer than 100 followers. The moral: more tweets = more followers!
- Follow everyone you’re connected to on LinkedIn.
- Participate in Twitter chats related to your industry to establish yourself as a thought leader and to connect with others in your industry.
- Promote your Twitter account everywhere — even in your store window!